Here at TROtt, our volunteers play a vital role in the operation of our Riding Program. We are very fortunate to have a terrific team of over 100 volunteers who, cumulatively, donated over 6000 hours of their time last year! Our dedicated group assists with grooming, tacking up, as well as ‘horse-handling’ and side-walking during the lessons.
No ‘horse’ experience? No problem. We offer extensive training to all new volunteers.
- 14 years of age or older. We welcome any high school students looking to complete hours for their curriculum
- Reasonable level of fitness (e.g. be able to run alongside a trotting horse for 40 to 80 M)
- Able to commit to one two-hour time slot per week (or more if you wish). There are 4 sessions of 6 to 15 weeks per year and we ask volunteers to commit to at least one full session. See the calendar for dates of the sessions
- For safety reasons, expectant mothers are asked not to participate
Interested? There are several ways to get in touch with us:
- Online – complete our online inquiry form and a volunteer coordinator will get in touch with you
- Mail – print and complete our MembershipForm2016
- Address: 6362-1 Bank Street (Highway 31) Greely, ON K4P 1J4
- Fax: 613-821-1466
- Call – 613-821-1844 and leave a message in mailbox #4
If horses aren’t for you, volunteers are sometimes needed in other capacities, such as assisting with fundraising or administrative activities.
Please contact us for more information.